[University of Szeged]
Institute of Informatics >>>
Department of Image Processing and Computer Graphics >>>
Interfile DICOM converter and DICOM toolkit (IDICON)
IDICON is a software package that includes tools for automatic conversion between the medical image formats Interfile 3.3 and DICOM, and for manipulating files in DICOM format.
The freely downloadable binary package (precompiled for several platforms) contains the following tools:
- if2dcm : Interfile <-> DICOM convertor for nuclear medicine data
- dcmlist : lists the content of a DICOM file in human-readble format
- dcmbrow : allows interactive navigation in a DICOM file by the modular structure of the file as used in the standard specification
- dverify : verifies the content of a DICOM file for conformance with the standard (not full verification, only the basic structural requirements and mandatory attributes are checked)
- dcmcopy : copies one DICOM file into another one during which certain transformations can be performed (i.e., adding or removing the meta information header, changing the transfer syntax of the file content)
- dcm2pic : extracts the image content of DICOM files and saves in regular image file formats
- dcmedit : batch mode DICOM file editor, useful for correcting files in heterogeneous enviroments where minor conformance problems may cause limitations in usability and interoperability
Distributed for free in downloadable precompiled binary form for several platforms.
No warranty of any kind.