In this year the Summer School
in Image Processing will be held
in Szeged between 14th and 20th of July 1996.
Andrew Todd-Pokropek found source for this school (many thanks for him).
The aims of the meeting are similar to the three previous ones:
Accordingly, we expect lecturers (1 or 2) from each participating
universities and maximum 5 good students. The program will be settled later.
But similarly to the previous years (this is soon the 4th Summer School),
we plan lectures in the mornings, exercises in the afternoons (Computer
Laboraties, 6720 Szeged, Tisza Lajos krt. 103. tel: (36)-62-454138) and some
sport/cultural events as well. It is also traditional that the
participants form small teams (4-5 persons per team) such that a team
consists of persons from different universities. Interesting image
processing problems are posed and to be solved by the teams. The teams
presenting the best solutions on the last day of the SSIP get prizes.
There also will be a students' session where the students have the opportunity
to give a lecture on their own work.
- to give lectures to the students interested in image processing and its
- to have exercises in solving different interesting problems,
- to bring together young people and lecturers of the field.
The following universities seem to come to SSIP'96:
- University College London,
- University of Lodz,
- University of Ljubljana,
- West University Timisoara,
- University of Kolozsvár,
- Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania,
- Computer and Automation Research Institute, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest,
- Kossuth Lajos University, Debrecen,
- University of Veszprém,
- Juhász Gyula Teacher Training College, Szeged,
- József Attila University, Szeged.
We hope that your Universty is also coming.
There will be no registration fee!
The accomodation will be in the dormitory (Hermann
Ottó Kollégium, 6727 Szeged, Temesvári krt. 50-52, tel:
(36)-62-454309 (reception) tel: (36)-62-454311 (Megyeri Árpádné,
manager)) of the József Attila University. You need not pay for it.