Institute of Informatics
History and Mission
Systematic education in computer science was launched within the Mathematical Institute at the end of the 1950's by László Kalmár. The Institute of Informatics was founded as an independent unit in 1990.
The head of the Institute: Prof. Zoltán Fülöp
Deputies: Dr. Éva Gombás (student affairs) and Dr. Károly Dévényi (management)
The Institute consists of six departments and a research group: