- Data mining
- Data visualization
- Data animation
- Decision support (multicriteria decision making, group-decision making, optimization, decision trees)
- Fuzzy approach
- Neural networks
- Genetic algorithms
In 1978 when I had won DAAD fellowship in Germany and started dealing with fuzzy theory. I have worked with professor H.-J. Zimmermann (who was the publisher of the journal of Fuzzy Sets Systems) at the University of Aachen for a year.
Then I have worked on the mathematical axiomatic establishing of fuzzy theory by giving the representation of conjunctive of associative aggregation and generalized the concept of logical operators. At multiple criteria decisions not only the value of features, but their importance also plays significant role. I have worked out a process, where the weights can be derived from the results. The results can be applied on many fields of science.
I have made essays, respectively I have held lectures in the following themes:
- industrialization decisions
- frame recognition tasks
- determination of the settlement of soil cleaners
- modeling of human knowledge
- decision theoretical study of the scoring system of entrance examination on the universities.
In 1986 I have won Humboldt scholarship and within the compass of it I have worked on the mathematical establishing of fuzzy sets theory in Germany and England. I have achieved results in many-valued generalizing of syllogisms. I have determined the inherence of the aggregation of utility theory and continuous preference relations, which have made possible to connect the two established theoretical tendencies.
In 1994 have successfully defended my dissertation titled "The structure of the operators of fuzzy sets in the respect of multiple criteria decisions".
I am the permanent referee of more international journals. I am the member of the International Fuzzy System Association, theESIGMA and the European Working Group on Multiple Criteria Decision Aid. I am the representative of the Hungarian Humboldt Association.
In order to utilize scientific results I have established Cygron Research and Development Ltd., where I am scientific director. The main activity of the company is the treatment of intelligent data:
- We have made a program for the Council of Szeged, which have dealt with social decision aids.
- We have worked out an analysis program for KPGM in Brussels.
- We had a great success with the consumption's indication program, which was made for the Electricity Company and have brought great profit. The technology of the program was based on neural theory.
- We developed DataScope, which is a visualization tool and visual query system. We had won the European Information Technology Prize In Brussels in 1997 with this program. (Picture 1, 2)
For the sake of quicker development Cygron Ltd. had became the part of Mindmaker Inc. in 1998. Our products had great success on the CeBit in Hannover and the new version of DataScope has won the best software prize of the year on the COMDEX in Las Vegas in November 1999.
In 1998 I have got Kalmár László Prize for my activity on the field of informatics.
From January 1. 2000. - Juny 30. I have worked at Mindmaker Ltd. as a research advisor.