- Full professor
Department of Foundations of Computer Science
Education and degrees
- Title Doctor of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences in Computer Science, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 2003.
Title of thesis: A Comparison of the Computational Power of Tree Transducers.
- Habilitation in computer science, University of Szeged, 2002.
- Degree Candidate in computer science, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1990.
Title of thesis: Decidability Questions in Monoids Generated by Tree Transformation Classes.
- Degree Doctor of University in computer science, József Attila University, 1981.
Title of thesis: Attributed Tree Transducers.
- MSc in mathematics and computer science, József Attila University, 1979.
Title of thesis: A Solution for the Equivalence Problem of Deterministic GSM's.
- University Education, Mathematics and Computer Science, Faculty of Science, József Attila University, 1974 - 1979.
- Full professor, University of Szeged, Department of Foundations of Computer Science, 2004 -
- Associate professor, University of Szeged (up to 1999 József Attila University), Department of Computer Science, 1993 - 2004
- Research assistant - researcher - senior researcher, Research Group on the Theory of Automata, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1979-1992.
- Head of the Department of Foundations of Computer Science, 2016-2020
- Chairman of the Doctoral School in Computer Science, University of Szeged, 2015-2020
- Chairman of the Computer Science Habilitation Comittee, University of Szeged, 2009-2014
- Director, Institute of Informatics, University of Szeged, 2005 - 2014
- Chairman of the Council of the PhD Programme in Computer Science, Institute of Informatics, University of Szeged 2004 - 2009, Deputy Chairman, 2000 - 2004.
- Vice dean, University of Szeged (up to 1999 József Attila University), Faculty of Sciences 1996 - 2000.
Membership in Learned Bodies and Professional Committees
- Doctoral Committee, University of Szeged, 2015-
- Habilitaion Committee, University of Szeged, 2009 - 2014
- Mathematics Jury, National Foundation for Scientific Research of Hungary, 2007 - 2010.
- Habilitation Committee, Engineering Department, University of Debrecen, 2014-
- Doctoral Committee, Faculty of Informatics, Eötvös Lorán University, 2006 - 2012
- Mathematics and Computer Science Committee of the Hungarian Accreditation Committee, 2003 - 2009.
- Doctoral Committee of the Mathematical Department of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 2003 - 2012
- Board for Natural Sciences and Mathematics, National Foundation for Scientific Research of Hungary, 2000 - 2003.
- Computer Science Habilitaion Committee, University of Szeged, 2003 -
- Computer Science Committee of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1998 -
- Model Checking, Logic in computer science, Correctness of programs, Computability and complexity theory, Tree automata and tree transducers, Syntactic parsing of formal languages,
Attribute grammars, Automata and formal languages, Compilers and Operating systems
- Extensions of the theory of automata and formal languages.
- Loránd Muzamel, 2011.
Title of thesis: Pebble Macro Tree Transducers with Strong Pebble Handling.
- Zsolt Gazdag, 2006.
Title of thesis: Shape Preserving Tree Transducers.
- Pál Gyenizse, 1998.
Title of thesis: Decidability Questions for Term Rewrite Systems and Tree Transducers.
- Gábor Dányi, 1997.
Title of thesis: Superlinear Determinsitic Top-Down Tree Transducers.
Other scientific activities
- Managing Editor of the journal Acta Cybernetica, 1992 - 2005, Member of the Editoral Board, 2005 -
- Member of the Editoral Board of the journal Informatica, 2000 -
- Program Committee Member of the conferences ICALP 95, FCT 99, MFCS 2000, ECIT 2002, DLT 2002, AFL 2002, DLT 2003 (co-chair), AFL 2005 (co-chair), AutoMathA 2007, AFL 2011, CAI 2011, AFL 2014 (co-chair), LATA 2017, AFL 2017, CAI 2019, DCFS 2021, CAI 2022, CITDS 2022
- Member of the Organizing Committee of AFL 96 and AFL 99
Memberships in professional societies
- John Neumann Computer Science Society, Hungary
- European Association for Theoretical Computer Science, 1990-, member of the Council, 1999-2003
Knowledge of languages
- English: good, Russian: poor
- Winner of first prize in computer science, Scientific Conference for Students, Hungary, 1979.
- László Kalmár award of the József Attila University for excellent research, 1984.
- Széchenyi István Scholarship for excellent research and teaching, 1998-2001, 2002 - 2004.
- Award Pro Universitate, University of Szeged, 2016.
- Award Master Teacher, 2019.
- Merit Officer Cross, 2022.