The latest version: speech 2.10
speech is a file conversion command line tool that helps
performing experiments with sounds. Currently it supports Windows PCM wav files,
Windows bmp 256 color bitmaps and several formats of its own.
Selected features of speech:
New features in version 2.0:
- Calculate and view spectogram based on Fourier transformation.
- Calculate and view phase information based on Fourier transformation.
- Calculate and view spectogram based on LPC transformation.
- Convert any spectogram bitmap (even if drawn by you) to sound.
- Convert phase information bitmap to sound.
- Double-time-same-pitch sound with high quality.
- Mix spectogram and phase information form different sounds to create a new sound.
- And more...
New features in version 2.1:
- Calculate and view cepstrum (energy spectrum).
- Calculate Smooth spectogram based on cepstrum.
New features in version 2.2:
- New and clearer command line interface.
- Feasibility check of conversion in command line interface.
I'm currently working on different projects so
the software is not really supported anymore (at least not by me) but you
can dowload it anyway.
If you would like to get more information,
take a look at the manual page.
If you would like to use the software, download the latest version in source
unix/linux speech210.tar.gz, or the 32
bit consol executable for win95 speech210.zip free.
Wed Nov 18 20:23:52 CET 1998