You are here
MSc in Computer Science
Title of the programme: Computer Science
Duration of the course: 4 semesters
Language of tuition: English
Description of the programme:
The aim of the program is to train Information Technology professionals who can perform the development, creation, application, implementation, and operation of IT systems either individually or as a team member at advanced level. Furthermore, it provides the cooperative and modelling skills required to solve and research IT related problems, and ensures solid theoretical background to pursue PhD studies.
The graduates are able to use problem solving techniques in the design and implementation of enterprise resource planning systems; to apply state of the art modelling techniques; and to design, implement, and operate decision support systems.
Main subjects: Graph Theory, Automata and Formal Languages, Application of Linear Programming, Advanced Programming, Advanced Image Processing, Online Algorithms, Machine Learning Algorithms, Advanced Graphics Algorithms, Advanced Approximate and Symbolic Computing, Program Systems Development, Software Development, Logic and Functional Programming, Web Technologies, Nonlinear Programming, Geographic Information Systems, Data Mining, Parallel Programming.
• Application requirements: BSc degree (Computer Science or related), English language - intermediate proficiency level (B2) (TOEFL or equivalent)
• Application deadline: 1th of July, 2016
Application fee: 200 USD (non-refundable)
Registration fee: 220 USD
Tuition fee: 3500 USD per semester
All fees have to be paid to the following bank account:
Account name: University of Szeged
Bank name: Hungarian State Treasury
Bank Address: HU-1054 Budapest, Hold utca 4.
SWIFT code: MANEHUHB
IMPORTANT NOTICE: When transfering the fees, please, indicate the following number in the message/comment box: 1901 1S575
All bank expenses have to be paid by the applicant.
List of required documents:
1. Completed and signed application form (printed version of the online application form)
2. Curriculum Vitae in English
3. Letter of interest in English
4. Certificate of the applicant’s level of English language necessary for the selected program. Usually the requested level of language knowledge is B2-intermediate according to the Common European Framework Reference: the certificate is preferably a state or international language exam (e.g.: TOEFL iBT test score of 90, or PBT score 550; Cambridge First Certificate "B"; IELTS score of 5.0)
5. School certificates:
(a) Copy of the BSc degree (for applicants for MSc programmes – notarized English translation)
(b) Official full transcripts of your higher education studies ( notarized English translation)
6. Copy of the passport (relevant page(s) where passport number, name, photo and date of expiry are visible)
7. Recent medical certificate of satisfactory general health status (not older than 1 month).
8. 2 recommendation letters from recognised academic persons
9. An evidence of payment of 200 USD non-refundable application fee
Address for the documents to be posted:
University of Szeged
Faculty of Science and Informatics
1 Aradi vértanúk tere,
For further information please contact: