There are several ways to travel Budapest to Szeged:
- Airplane+transfer: We shall give you help to find the proper transfer bus to Szeged.
- Airplane+bus+train+bus: If you travel to Budapest by plane (Liszt Ferenc International Airport), you can also use public transport. You should take simply the bus no. 200E, which departs from the airport (the price of a ticket is 350 HUF or in the bus 450 HUF), and should get off at the stop called "Ferihegy vasútállomás". This bus stop is directly opposite the "Ferihegy" train station, where you can find a ticket office and also a ticket machine. From here you can buy a ticket for a train to Szeged which costs 3695 HUF (this is the price for a second class ticket for an InterCity train). You can check the timetable here.
After your arrival at the railway station in Szeged, you should take the bus no. 20 (the price of a ticket is 320 HUF if you buy it beforehand at Szeged railway station, or 400 HUF if purchased on the bus) and get off at the stop called "Glattfelder Gyula tér". Here you will find your hotel, Novotel Szeged.
The total cost for this method of travelling from the airport to the hotel is approximately 4400-4500 HUF (ca. 15 EUR).
- Airplane+taxi+train+taxi: If you travel to Budapest by plane (Liszt Ferenc International Airport), as a third option, you may use taxi and train. Avoid taxicowboys (you may find warnings about them at the airport), do not let them to take your luggage away against your will. Instead, please follow the signs on the floor which lead you to the airport's official taxi offices where you can get a fair delivery to "Ferihegy" train station (this costs around 2000-3000 HUF). After your taxi journey you can take the train to Szeged (see item 2 above).
After your arrival at the railway station in Szeged, you can travel by taxi to the hotel (the price is similar to the one from the airport to "Ferihegy" train station).
The total cost for this method of travelling from the airport to the hotel is approximately 8500-9500 HUF (ca. 30 EUR).
- Train: If you travel to Budapest by train (there are several railway stations: "Budapest-Déli", "Budapest-Nyugati" and "Budapest-Keleti"), then you should first travel to "Budapest-Nyugati" railway station. We suggest that you take the underground. From both "Budapest-Keleti" and "Budapest-Déli", you should take the line M2 to the stop "Deák tér" and then change to the line M3. A single ticket for this journey costs 350 HUF, and has to be bought beforehand. The trains run every hour from "Budapest-Nyugati" to Szeged during the day. The price of a ticket for InterCity train, second class seat is 4005 HUF. You may check the timetable here.
After your arrival at the railway station in Szeged, you can travel to Novotel Szeged by bus or taxi, as described above.
- Car: If you travel by car to Szeged, then Google Maps can be used to calculate your route.
There are several ways to travel Timisoara (Temesvár) to Szeged:
... in progress