DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATICS
email: rfarkas SNAIL inf.u-szeged.hu
room: Irinyi building 45.
I am a research associate at the University of Szeged, Department of Computer Algorithms and Artificial Intelligence and I am a senior researcher of the Natural Language Processing group. Previously, I worked on industrial Machine Learning projects at Fraunhofer, Germany (2003) and with Csaba Szepesvári (2005-'06). I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Szeged in 2010.
My chief research interest is on real-world applications of statistical Information Extraction and Text Mining.
- Information Extraction, Named Entity Recognition
- Document labeling, free text tagging
- Exploitation of unlabeled texts (semi-, unsupervised learning)
- Incremental machine learning from human feedback (human-in-the-loop)
- Utilising different sources of information
- Novel models for language phenomena